At the beginning of the 19th century the geographical area that is now the City of Niagara Falls was serviced by many volunteer fire departments. The Falls View Hose Brigade was one such volunteer department, officially established in 1905, incorporated in 1922, serving the area called Falls View, at the time a developing area around the brink of the Niagara Falls.
The Brigade served the area of Falls View in its capacity as a fire brigade, until September of 1963 when the City of Niagara Falls took over responsibility for fire service to this area.
Instead of disbanding, the Falls View Hose Brigade morphed itself into a volunteer service club, and to this day provides numerous services to the people of the Falls View area and the City of Niagara Falls.
The Falls View Hose Brigade celebrated its 100 year anniversary in 2005 by donating $100,00.00 in total to agencies such as the Boys and Girls Club, the McBain Centre, and youth soccer. At that time the total donations provided to the community in one way or another added up to over $750,000.00.
Today the Club has a thriving membership from all walks of life, totally committed to servicing the community.